The Rhône-Alpes region, 2nd in France in terms of logisticsThe Rhône-Alpes region, 2nd in France in terms of logistics, represents :
- 40,000 employees,
- 2.6 millions square meters of logistical surface,
- Multi-transport and inter-transport links are effective thanks to the complementary road, rail, river and air networks.
At the doorway of EuropeAin is located at the entrance to the south-east zone of France, with two international airports less than one hour away, and in close proximity to Lyon, provides the department with numerous advantages for the development of transport and logistics activities.
The road and motorway network in the Ain (214 km of motorway) attests to this advantage : the Ain plays an important role in the Lyon urban area, not only as origin and destination for freight, but also as a traditional transit zone.
Research, innovation and trainingIn the present climate of market globalisation, the companies in the sector are rising to the challenge of intelligent logistics adapted to market constraints:
- a variety of offers and dimensions
- the quality of human resources and the training available
As well the university training programmes available at Lyon, specific training in the Ain ranges from the Vocational Training Certificate to Masters, with several professional baccalauréats in transport and logistics, or a management of industrial projects programme, from Professional Degree through to Masters.
The Logistic Cluster Rhône-Alpes
The Logistic Cluster Rhône-Alpes is a place dedicated to the development of collaborative projects within the logistics field and the logistic activities of other sectors of the region Rhône-Alpes.
The LUTB cluster
The cluster of public transport of passengers and goods in urban areas
- 180 members (Renault Trucks, Isirbus France…)
- 5 research programs
- 2 demonstrator projects
- 150 projects approved
- 79 financed projects for 267 M€ of which 102M€ of public support
They are in Ain, what about you ?
- Logidis – logistics
- Les Transports Jacquet Frères – transport
- Kuehne & Nagel – logistics
- Mutual logistics – logistics
- ND Logistics – logistics
- TFE Mâcon – transport