The plastics valleyPlastics Vallée represents an annual turnover of 2.4 billion euros. Located at Oyonnax (Ain), it gathers research centers, engineering schools and companies.
A network of companies, principals and subcontractors at the leading edgeAll the know-how of the plasturgy industry is present in the Ain: suppliers of materials, transformers, moulders, machine manufacturers as well as research consultancies and designers…
A concentration of R&D facilities for industrial performanceAt the heart of this dynamic, the palstics vallée is home to a major research centre as well as the French plastics cluster devoted to plastics Plastipolis.
Plastipolis: the only French center of Competitiveness (cluster) devoted to palstics. Created on the 12th of July 2005 at Oyonnax, it groups together industrialists, research centres and training organisations, all working together towards innovation and competitiveness: more than 200 actors in the plasturgy industry, 1/3 of all national activity in the sector, 8€ billion of turnover,…
Plastipolis undertakes projects with the goal of mastering processes, micro and nano-structuring of polymers composite materials and smart plastics.
European Plasturgy Center – PEP – in Oyonnax. A research and technology tool of the plasturgy sector, the PEP represents almost 50% of the annual turnover generated by the profession in France. Armed with the most up-to-date know-how and equipment, it provides assistance to companies: appraisal, product development (e.g. vitrification equipment, rapid prototype production…), improvement of processes… Il worh for example in plastronics development.
The plastics industry in the Ain also works in collaboration with Compositec (composite materials) and with the Alimentec Technopole at Bourg-en-Bresse (biodegradable packaging for food).
They are in Ain, what about you?
- Arban plastic components
- Arca France plastic packaging materials
- Arkema basic plastic materials
- Berchet plastic toys
- Billion plastic injection press
- Ets Gaggione plastic packaging
- Georges David plastic products
- Grosfillex household items made from plastic
- Hexcel Composites pre-impregnated fabrics
- MBF Plastiques plastic packaging materials
- MGI Coutier plastic technical components
- Plastics Omnium Auto Extérieur plastic technical components
- PolyOne France colouring products for plastics
- Steep plastic technical components
- Toray Films Europe polyester films for food packaging